Teen, Young Adult and Children’s Favorite Authors
Many popular authors will be attending the Orange County Children’s Book Festival this year. You will want to meet them and listen as they read from their books on stage or in an exhibitor’s booth. Most will be signing their books creating a treasured purchase.
There are 5 stages to visit.
Our main stage has been host to Jamie Lee Curtis, Holly Robinson Peete, James Doti, Ph.D, J* Smith, Caitlin Crosby, Michael “Papa” Drake, a.k.a. “Mr. Pickles“, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and more.
On our YA Stage, authors of books for young adults will capture the interest of our older readers.
The Animal stage has always been a favorite for readers of all ages. Many of the books include real life animal counterparts to demonstrate and entertain.
The Storyteller Stage has always captivated the attention of adults and young readers alike. Some of the most talented storytellers of the festival will spin a yarn for you.
And finally, some of our authors do double duty as illustrators as well. But our Illustrator stage includes some gifted artists that demonstrate what it takes to be a children’s book illustrator.
John Archambault author of Chica Chica Boom will return as a featured author!
Confirmed 2013 Authors as of 4/24/13:
- John Archambault Chicka Chica Boom Boom
- Scott T. Barnes Rancho San Felipe
- Jen Barton Fiona Thorn and the Carpacem Spell
- Lorraine Holnback Brodek The Tale of Peeky Pepper
- Sherri Fink The Little Rose
- Jenni Garrick Pigs and Strawberries
- Steve Gray Cow Can’t Sleep and Others
- Sharron Hopcus Poppie the One-Eyed Pug and Kanka
- Craig Inglis Lucky
- Patrice Karst The Invisible String
- Danielle Kellet Algernon the Alligator
- Valerie Murphy The Gumshoes Series
- Stacy Erin Myers Lil Bug, Mio, Maremaid
- Melissa Northway Penelope the Purple Pirate
- Aviva Orr The Mist on Bronte Moor
- Andrea Ortiz Snowflakes in June
- Jennie Samuel Beyond the Pond
- Ann Stalcup Flores Family Cafe
- Susie Vanderlip The Story of Chester
- Rosemary Wells Max and Ruby Series
- Lisa Wiehebrink Love Me Gently